Thursday, May 22, 2008

My Food Storage Help!!

I have found an awesome website that I signed up for that helps me find the best deals at five local stores-Maceys, Reams, Smiths, Albertsons and Harmons. This lady finds the best deals at these stores and lets you know the best price and how much you will need for your food storage and then meals you make with what you have in food storage. There is alot of wonderful information available on her site- www.myfoodstoragedeals.com I really hate to shop and I get slightly overwhelmed when it comes to filling up my food storage and to know what items to put in it. From the help of this site and some friends I have started picking up just a few things for food storage everytime I go grocery shopping or just when I go grab something quick at the store. Also I am being taught from this site to get the items that are on really good sales and stock up so that when I do need those items I have them instead of having to go buy one or two at full price. Hopefully ONE day I will become a pro at this and actually enjoy getting out and grocery shopping because of all the money I will be saving my family!! I also started freezing meals. I always make a meal and have to much and then it gets left in the fridge for a week or so and then it becomes a science project and gets thrown away. Now for instance when I make enchiladas, my recipe makes 10 and we only eat about 5 so I will make them up freeze half of them then cook the other half and now I haven't wasted half of dinner! YAHOO FOR ME! Totally recommended to go check out her site!

2 comments:

BrandonShersten said...

Awesome website Jamie, thanks for the tips! I really need to do them all! love ya-Shersten

melissa said...

Jamie, I for sure need to get going on this too! Thanks for the info. We'll have to get together soon this summer. Are you making the BBQ at your house an annual one?! hee hee. See you later.